Any Weight-Loss Diet program For Type I Diabetics?

General talk about diabetes.
mathew60

Any Weight-Loss Diet program For Type I Diabetics?

Post by mathew60 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:24 am

One of my friend is 23 yrs old type I diabetic and though not overweight, he would like to lose a few unneeded pounds. As you may know, the use of insulin often negates weight-loss efforts, and he has struggled for some time now to get back to his"ideal" weight. If anyone can recommend a good diet program or even throw out some suggestions of how to combat this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!!

jolbin

Post by jolbin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:00 am

If You Have a Special Condition like type 1 or type 2 diabetes .Then relax. Anne Collins's diet plans accomodate people with raised cholesterol, type 1 or type 2 diabetes, hyperglycemia, insulin insensitivity, hypothyroidism, PCOS, Irritable Bowel, breastfeeding Moms, and many more. If you're in any doubt, please ask me, or click: Weight Loss Program Index

jhonearcher

Post by jhonearcher » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 am

Type 1 diabetes must be treated with insulin; if you have type 2 diabetes, you may not need to take insulin. This involves injecting insulin under the skin for it to work. Insulin cannot be taken as a pill because the digestive juices in the stomach would destroy the insulin before it could work. Scientists are looking for new ways to give insulin. But today, shots are the only method.

There are, however, new methods to give the shots. Insulin pumps are now being widely used and many people are having great results. Diet is very important in diabetes. There are differing philosophies on what is the best diet but below is a guideline with some general principles.

Jane F.

Post by Jane F. » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:45 pm

mableswift

Any weight loss diet program for type 1 diabetes

Post by mableswift » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 am

In the early morning hours, hormonal changes in your body will naturally cause blood glucose to rise. For people who don't have diabetes, the increase in blood glucose is offset by increased insulin production. For people with diabetes, this can be a problem.

condinet

Post by condinet » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Tell your friend to manage his diabetes and log his meals. He needs to have a food database to monitor how his sugar is changing